The Terrain Magazine Photo Contest is an annual competition showcasing the best amateur photographs taken in the Midwest outdoors. Categories include: People, Nature, Wildlife, Outdoor Sports, and Anything Goes. Prizes will be given for first, second, and third place in each category, with the winners announced and their photos published in our November/December 2022 issue.
Photo Contest Rules
- All categories are open to amateurs only. Professional photographers are defined as anyone making more than 10 percent of their income from photography.
- All photos must be taken within the Terrain Magazine coverage area (i.e. the Midwest).
- Submit ONLY unpublished, untouched, hi-resolution images. Digitally manipulated images may be entered in the “Anything Goes” category.
- You may enter as many photos as you want, but each entry must be included in a separate email.
- All submission emails must include the name and contact information of the photographer (email and phone number), along with the category and a brief description of when and where the photo was taken.
- All entries will be judged by the Terrain Magazine staff based on the quality and content. The decisions of judges are final.
- By sending an entry, you agree that Terrain Media has the right to publish your photo, without compensation, in our November/December 2022 issue and accompanying website / social media posts. (The photographer retains rights to the imagery except where noted above.)
- Employees of Terrain Media and their families are not eligible.
How to Enter
Please send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the name and contact information of the photographer (email and phone number), the category, and a brief description of when and where the photo was taken.
You may also mail printed entries to Brad Kovach, Terrain Magazine, PO Box 15039, St. Louis, MO 63110.
The deadline for entry is September 12, 2022.