Gateway Cupcake 5K
November 2, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
A classic battle between those who eat and those who compete. Participants who choose to eat can deduct 3 minutes per Cupcake at 5 Cupcake Stations along the race course for a maximum of 15 minutes off of their finishing time.
- Cupcake Stations will be positioned (roughly) at KM 1, KM 2, KM 3, KM 4.5, and just before the Finish Line. Cupcakes must be consumed within each Cupcake Consumption Corral. Failure to keep the Cupcakes down will result in disqualification and nausea.
- Only one cupcake can be eaten per station. Please use wit and tactics. Each cupcake will be worth a 3 minute time deduction.
- Hang on to your Cupcake Toppers to receive the time bonuses- we’ll collect them at the finish line. Speaking of finish line…there will NOT be cupcakes at the Finish Line…so don’t hold back.
Participation and Awards Categories:
- Enter one of the following categories:
- Eater– Male Cupcake Eater, Female Cupcake Eater
- Competer– Men Who Run Past Cupcakes, Women Who Run Past Cupcakes
- The Overall Gateway Cupcake 5K winner’s award, The Gateway Cupcake, will be given to the fastest finisher- real time OR Cupcake adjusted time.
- Top 3 Men and Top 3 Women overall in both the Eater and Competer categories will win Big Shark Gift Certificates.
- Edible Age Group Awards will be given to winners in both the Eater and Competer categories.
- Overall Winners are not eligible for Age Group Awards.
Age Groups (Men & Women): 8-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Schwag: Drawstring goody bags for the first 300 participants to pick up packets. All athletes pre-registered by 10/25/2019 will receive an amazing, category specific (Eater or Competer) event shirt. Please note event t-shirts are only guaranteed to pre-registered athletes by 10/25/2019.
Run + Route Information: The event takes place on the streets of Maplewood, MO around Sunnen Station and will be professionally timed by Big River Race Management.