Castlewood 8-Hour Adventure Race
December 7, 2019 @ 12:00 am
What is Adventure Racing? A multi-sport, off-road, team event with no marked course. Teams must use a map and compass to navigate their way through a series of checkpoints on mountain bikes, in canoes, and or on foot to reach the finish line.
How long is the race? Expect to cover 5-10 miles paddling, 15-20 miles biking, and 5-10 miles on foot. Please see the Frequently Asked Questions at the bottom of this page for more information.
Race Location: That’s a secret! Part of the appeal of adventure racing is charging into the unknown on race day. A course overview will be available closer to race time to help you plan your gear and food. Plan on 4-8 hours of continuous movement through the woods, rivers, and roads of southwestern St. Louis County
Race Start: 8 am on Saturday, Dec. 7th, 2019
Packet Pick-Up: 4 pm—8 pm on Friday, Dec. 6th, 2019 at Alpine Shop Kirkwood.
Pre-Race Meeting: 7:30 am on Saturday, Dec. 7th, 2019 at Race Headquarters (location revealed at packet pick-up)
Premiere prizes will be awarded to Co-Ed teams.
- 2-Person (Co-Ed, Men’s, and Women’s Divisions)
- 4-Person (Co-Ed, Men’s, and Women’s Divisions)
- Family (2+ related people, one over 18 and one under 18, one canoe per team)
New to Adventure Racing? We have multiple opportunities for your to learn about adventure racing, inside and out.
- Inside: Join us for a 4-class series of Adventure Racing 101 classes held on Monday evenings October. Classes are FREE for all registrants and volunteers of the Castlewood Adventure Race. Click here.
- Outside: Join us for 2 “group training days” at Ridge Meadows Elementary School and Castlewood State Park on Saturdays in November. We’ll provide a mini-course with 6 checkpoints and a map so you can practice without the pressure of a race clock. We’ll also be available for questions and general chatting about adventure racing! Click here.
See the latest updates on our Facebook event page! CLICK HERE
See results, photos, and videos from last year’s event! CLICK HERE