Running Through Pregnancy & Beyond Clinic
January 10, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Going for a run is a quick and effective way to work your heart and body, giving you a mental and physical boost when you feel tired, however, the miracle of life can wreck havoc on women’s workouts. As body changes occur, experts say running form can change dramatically during pregnancy and after birth, resulting in more injuries and less benefit. This special Big River Running clinic is designed especially for moms-to-be and new moms to help keep mom and baby healthy and running through pregnancy and beyond!
Meet with our panel of medical and nutritional experts from SSM Women’s Health, Womens Health Specialists of St. Louis & McDaniel Nutrition to learn about:
- The do’s and don’ts of running through all three trimesters and post-baby
- Warning signs to help you know what to avoid and when to back off
- Proper stretching routines for pre- and post-baby hips and back health
- Proper nutrition for you and baby during exercise and recovery
- Tips for post-birth running
The cost of this clinic is $10. A portion of the proceeds benefit a local charity.