Do you have what it takes to capture a prize-winning image? Enter Terrain Magazine‘s first-ever photo contest and find out!
Categories include: People, Nature, Wildlife, Professional, and Anything Goes. Prizes will be awarded to the first three winners in each category. Entry is free, with winners announced and their photos published in the January/February 2018 issue of Terrain, the definitive guide to outdoor recreation and active lifestyles in St. Louis and surrounding Midwest communities.
Photo Contest Rules
- All categories other than “Professional” are open to amateurs only. Professional photographers are defined as anyone making more than 10 percent of their income from photography.
- All photos must be taken within the Terrain Magazine coverage area (i.e. the Midwest).
- Photos must have been taken within the last calendar year.
- Submit ONLY unpublished, untouched, hi-resolution images. Digitally manipulated images may be entered in the “Anything Goes” category.
- You may enter as many photos as you want, but each entry must be included in a separate email.
- All submission emails must include the name and contact information of the photographer (email and phone number), along with a brief description of when and where the photo was taken.
- All entries will be judged on quality and content. Decision of judges is final.
- By sending an entry, you agree that Ripple Custom Media has the right to publish your photo in the January/February issue of the magazine (as well as in the accompanying digital edition and web article); the photographer retains the long-term rights of the images
- Employees of Ripple Custom Media and their families are not eligible.
Please send your submitted photo to email@example.com along with the name and contact information of the photographer (email and phone number) and a brief description of when and where the photo was taken.
You may also mail printed entries to Brad Kovach, Terrain Magazine, 319 N. 4th Street, Suite 650, St. Louis, MO 63102.
The deadline for entry is November 15, 2017. Questions may be directed to Editor/Publisher Brad Kovach at firstname.lastname@example.org.