The Terrain Magazine Photo Contest is an annual competition showcasing the best amateur photographs taken in the Midwest outdoors. Categories include: People, Nature, Wildlife, Sports and Anything Goes. Prizes will be given for first, second and third place in each category, with the winners announced and their photos published in the 2019 Terrain Magazine Annual Guide.
Photo Contest Rules
- All categories are open to amateurs only. Professional photographers are defined as anyone making more than 10 percent of their income from photography.
- All photos must be taken within the Terrain Magazine coverage area (i.e. the Midwest).
- Submit ONLY unpublished, untouched, hi-resolution images. Digitally manipulated images may be entered in the “Anything Goes” category.
- You may enter as many photos as you want, but each entry must be included in a separate email.
- All submission emails must include the name and contact information of the photographer (email and phone number), along with the category and a brief description of when and where the photo was taken.
- All entries will be judged by the Terrain Magazine staff based on the quality and content. Decision of judges is final.
- By sending an entry, you agree that Ripple Custom Media has the right to publish your photo, without compensation, in the 2019 Terrain Magazine Annual Guide and related website / social media posts.
- Employees of Ripple Custom Media and their families are not eligible.
How to Enter
Please send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the name and contact information of the photographer (email and phone number), the category and a brief description of when and where the photo was taken.
You may also mail printed entries to Brad Kovach, Terrain Magazine, 319 N. 4th Street, Suite 650, St. Louis, MO 63102.
The deadline for entry is November 15, 2018.